February 11, 2011

The Last Days! Tiwanaku Ruins

 This is a topographical map, which I liked because it really demonstrates the altitude of Bolivia and how high it is.  The black arrows indicate the Tiwanaku movement/expansion from Bolivia. 

 Tiwanaku  is an important pre-columbian archaeological site in western Bolivia. Tiwanaku is recognized by Andean scholars as one of the most important precursors to the Incan Empire, flourishing as the ritual and administrative capital of a major state power for approximately five hundred years. The site was first recorded in written history by Spanish conquistador and self-acclaimed “first chronicler of the Indies" Piedra Ceazea de Leon. Leon stumbled upon the remains of Tiwanaku in 1549 while searching for the Inca capital Collasuyu. Some have hypothesized that Tiwanaku's modern name is related to the Aymara term taypiqala, meaning "stone in the center", alluding to the belief that it lay at the center of the world. However, the name by which Tiwanaku was known to its inhabitants may have been lost, as the people of Tiwanaku had no written language


 The three pictures before are some of my favorite and are what made is stand out a lot to me.  These heads represent all the governors of the Tiwanaku empire.  I found them beautiful and interesting to note the many differences between them all.



 This hole is really interesting because it is considered a type of "microphone" you speak in it, and your voice is amplified a lot.  The cool thing about it is that the hole is actually carved in the same manner and with the same curvature as the human ear.  So beautiful! and when you speak in it, it actually works very well!
 This is the famous "Sun Gate" it is entirely carved out of one stone and all the inscriptions on the top tell us a lot about the history of the people.  These gates and stones used to be covered in Gold and precious metals.  We know this because if you look on the side you see hammer marks from the Spanish, when they destroyed these ruins and took all the precious metals with them, making their country rich off of the wealth of these indians.
 This is a baby of indigenous heritage int he area, the indigenous people are so cute, becuase they always want you to take pictures with their children.

1 comment:

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Kim - Thanks for your commment. I'll have to admitt I started using Youth Code because of your BLOG. Totally worth it. My skin FEELS AWESOME!!!! I know I can trust your good judgement.

I Love my Clarisonic. It leaves my skin feeling super clean. Once you try it you won't go back. My sister, mom and grandma all got one after how awesome it feels. My sister has always had acne so she loves how good it makes her skin feel. In fact she tried the Waltmart version, but you can tell the difference so she both the Clarisonic.

The Braun Epilator is so cool. I use it for legs, underarms, chin, and lips. I used to have really dark hair everywhere and I love waxing so when I got this I knew it was perfect. I like that it pulls the hair at the root. After I use it I generally don't have to do it for 3 weeks.

And even if I get lazy (Winter does it for me), the hair grows by thinner and lighter so its not as annouying... or visible... I hated the feeling of shaving and feeling the stubs the next day. The epilator leaves your legs, arms, ect. smooth for weeks. Totally worth it. I've had mine for 3 years and its still working like new.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails