So Jake and I celebrate 4 years together on August 19, 2009. I start school on August 19, so we did something this past weekend to celebrate. Jake suprised me and took me to a bed & breakfast victorian inn at half moon bay. We ate at an organic eclectic eatery (AMAZING), which I loved. The next day we walked around downtown and bought a bunch of produce from local produce stands.
I can't believe it has almost been four years. Time flies by so quickly, but I am still so in love with Jake. I have believed from the beginning that he was made for me and I for him. I used to not believe in the idea of a soul-mate but, every year that goes by only further solidifies my belief in one and that Jake is mine. We have been through so much together over the last four years, to name a few (just for reminiscing purposes):
- Lived in 5 different apartments, ranging from 400 sq ft to 1100 sq ft.
- We have lived in four different states (Utah, Arizona, Missouri, California)
- Jake graduated from USU Cum Laude with a BA in Spanish
- I graduated from USU with a BS Biology
- Jake graduated from Thunderbird School of Global Management with his MBA
- I was accepted and will be starting PA school - MSPAS/MPH program
- We have owned a motorcycle and eight different cars and sold six of them (4-runner, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Rodeo, Civic, Matrix, Saturn Vue & one right now we are trying to find)
- When we were first married we lived off of $1000/month
- We owned a cat for two weeks (I was allergic)
- We have been on many vacations (Cancun, Yellowstone, Snake River, Disneyland twice, Ensenada, Nauvoo (church sites), Moab, Bear Lake, Sonoma, Camping of sorts, Panama and who knows how many Utah trips)
- Together we have tried: Mountain Biking, Running, Yoga, Tennis (Jake taught me), Four-wheeling and Motorcycling.
- Jake converted me to Seinfeld, I converted Jake to Keeping up Appearances, and together we are AVID Arrested Development, The Office, Flight of the Conchords, LOST, SYTYCD, and yes Jake too- The Bachelorette viewers! (although he'd never admit it, JK)
- As much as I've tried I just can't get Jake to appreciate one of my favorite movies "White Chicks" but he does appreciate my other favorites "Get Smart," and both "Pink Panther 1 & 2". Jake has succeeded in getting me to love Indiana Jones and most superhero movies!
- Jake bought both our mountain bikes with money he earned from donating plasma (his was stolen in AZ).
- We both tried Thai and Sushi together and they are now our FAVORITE cuisines.
- Jake loves the fact that I scrapbook and thinks it's good for our family (I did not expect that)
- We have become healthy food fanatics. Jake lets me take away butter at the table, reduce the sugar in his food, remove oil from his pizza, tell him to eat slower and make him eat tonz of vegetables, all with a smile on his face!
- Our extended families have grown via one nephew, one niece, one sister-in-law, and two brother-in-laws.
- Together we have held 14 different jobs. I have held 7 different jobs (Group Home Leader, Assisted Living CNA, Dillards sales associate, Lancome make-up artist, substitute teacher, Science/Math Tutor at anorexia/bulemia clinic, med/surg CNA, med/surg Secretary), Jake has held 7 different jobs (Herald Journal classifieds, Wells Fargo- Tellar, Loan officer, Spanish tutor at anorexia/bulemia clinic, Thunderbird- Financial Aid Assistant, Carreer Center Advisor, Hilti Sales Manager)
- When we first got married we owned two chairs and purchased a bed. Now it's a bit more every year!
Here's to you, JAKE and US. I love you! We were meant to be forever, and I am sure looking forward to a forever with you!